Skip to main content

Transactional Hearts ♡

In a world of transactional hearts, 
Where love seems to play its part, 
I ponder on what's real and true, 
Is there a love that's pure and new?
They say to marry for love's embrace, 
Yet what I see is a different case, 
A romance with terms and conditions, 
Leaving me with lingering suspicions.
In this dance of give and take, 
Is there a love that won't forsake? 
I long to find a love so sincere, 
One that's not fueled by wants and fear.
Where can I seek this genuine flame, 
Unburdened by a hidden aim? 
True love, a mystery untold, 
In a realm where hearts unfold.
Is it found in whispered words, 
Or actions that speak louder than birds? 
I search for love that's not a trade, 
A bond that won't easily fade.
Define for me this elusive bliss, 
What makes a love that's more than this? 
Not just a contract, a deal, a pact, 
But a connection that's hard to extract.
I yearn to know where true love lies, 
Beneath the surface, beyond the skies. 
Guide me to a love so profound, 
A love where authenticity is found.
So, I journey on with hopeful eyes, 
Through the questions and the sighs, 
Hoping to uncover the mystery, 
And embrace a love that's meant to be.
Ⓒ Sobia Nosheen


Comments

Sumera said…
Thats a beautiful poem. A yearning for unconditional love. Well-done.
Thank you so much Sumera. 💜