Skip to main content

War Escape

In a world torn apart by war's despair,

Where bombs fall, and hope's a rare affair.

Running for life, each dawn unsure,

In shadows of fear, where dreams obscure.

Yet, in my mind's haven, a special place,

Close your eyes, join me in this space.

A garden green, by a peaceful lake,

With the one I love, a sweet escape we make.

No harsh words here, just kindness flows,

Clouds painting stories as the gentle wind blows.

A cottage by the water, our humble abode,

Where love is planted, and dreams are sowed.

In the backyard, a kitchen we've made,

Growing our food, in the sunlight's shade.

On the grass, I lay, clouds above me,

Their shapes a dance, a sight to see.

Breathing in peace, love, and joy,

Free from the world's harsh employ.

As I leave, the magic clings,

A shield against the world's harsh stings.

This refuge, my solace, a haven so grand,

In the cradle of dreams, where realities stand.

Strength to endure, in this secret retreat,

A sanctuary where humanity and hope meet.


© Sobia Nosheen (30th November 2023)


Comments