Search This Site

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Destination Unknown...

I found myself on way to the airport with a couple of friends. We got a bit late due to some traffic. It was not easy to get to the airport. I got off the vehicle as it was caught up in traffic, and went into a house on a nearby cliff. I remember a castle there too.  The whole place was sandy. It was a dry noon in Egypt. By the time I returned to the road, the vehicle carrying my friends had left, and I had to find some other transportation for myself to get to the airport on time.

I had two bags. One was my golden  colored purse and the other a brown traveling shoulder pouch bag that I often carry along for my important documents. Most people there seemed to be looking for some public transportation and the place was under fire from the other side of the road. I do not know who was shooting and what were they shooting at. People seemed to be running for their lives.

I got to the airport after a long struggle. It had gotten dark but there were still  two hours to the flight. The airport building was strange and huge. The part where I got off the taxi, was kind of flooded and damaged. I was carrying my bags and documents. That part of the building was almost desolate and there was broken furniture all around. The walls were damp and there seemed to be flood water in some of the rooms. After walking for half an hour I came to the terminal. I remember a man named Nicolas, who took my bags and asked me not to worry as he was there to assist me. I gave him my passport and ticket. I waited there on a bench. There was still an hour to the flight.

After waiting there for some time, I went after him to see what was going on. I could not find Nicolas. I saw my bags lying there, and somebody told me to wait as he went to get the documents cleared. As Nicolas returned, I told him that I was supposed to meet my friends at the airport here. It seemed as if they had already boarded the shuttle bus to the airplane. I did not want to be left behind. I wanted him to hurry the whole process up as I did not want to miss them. He said I would be ready to get onto that shuttle in a few minutes. I waited and waited but looked like it was not going to happen.

The next thing I know, I started walking toward the exit which lead to the runway. Nicolas asked me to wait for a while and be a little patient, but I wanted to be with my friends. Though it occurred to me that the people who could go ahead without me; leaving me behind could not be my friends at all; yet I just had to be there because that was the plan. We had already traveled a long distance to reach here and then to go ahead to the yet higher part of the region to witness the snowfall.

I walked out an exit and Nicolas handed me my bags and documents, "All set?" he asked, "Yes" I replied. I missed the shuttle, and walked; pointlessly till I came to some sandy under-construction building. I could see the plane taking off without me. Again there was some shooting. I took cover behind a wall, and what I saw after that is indescribable. I did not know the point of my travel at all, till I took cover behind this wall. I saw a face, I knew who it was. I still remember the face but do not remember the name. I realized that the point of my travel all the way to this point was not to fly to the yet further higher point but to stay here. It did not matter at all if the plane took off without me or that I was left behind. My friends were gone but I was not to go further ahead but to stay here. I said to myself, "So this is what I came here for; this is it." They needed my help and support. I could help them and I might have, after that; but I just don't remember.

I am trying to recall what it was, but it's not coming back to me. I can hardly remember anything for long after the 1998 NDE (near death experience) that I had and it's not getting any better.

No comments: