Skip to main content

Don't Wait, The Time Will Never Be Just Right

It takes courage to act. I've seen many people just talking about willing to do things while they actually do not have the courage to put their plan to action. It's easy to talk, but it takes courage to act. It's not enough to just will to do things, or just to know how to do things. What is more important is to just do it.


I have known people criticizing doers. Believing that a doer is not necessarily an achiever. I think a doer definitely achieves something. It's better than not having attempted something out of the fear of failure.


Today I had a terrible experience with someone questioning my achievements in life, and also criticizing my involvement in politics and calling me a failure. All because I lost the general elections to the Finance Minister, does not make me a failure. If I had withdrawn at that point out of fear of losing the elections, I would have had set a real bad example for the youth in general and for the girls in specific. For me, staying there till the end, was an achievement too.


Someone said, "If I were to contest elections, I would never have lost". I say, if you were to contest elections at all, you would have. Those who just talk and talk, they just talk. It's really very easy to talk, or to advise, but it's not that easy to act. It takes courage to "DO IT". If you could have done something so well, then you bloody well might have done it. What were you waiting for in the first place? An invitation?


We definitely need to surround ourselves by more positive and optimistic people. When surrounded by pessimistic and negative people, you are drained out of all your energy. The optimistic and positive people tend to add to your energy levels.


"Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”


---Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments